Platinum Sponsor
COVID-19 Updates

June 30, 2021

On July 1st, the BC Government will move into Step 3 of the restart plan. This move into the next step will allow up to 5000 spectators per field (or 50% of the listed capacity, whichever is greater).

Updates on KMBA's Return to Play Information can be found here.

June 15, 2021

On June 15th the province moved to Step 2 of the restart plan. At the same time, Baseball BC permitted travel for games without restrictions and a maximum of 50 spectators. As such, we will officially open the bleachers to spectators. Out of fairness, please limit use of the bleachers to 1 or 2 spectators per player. As before, if you remain at the park and are not in the bleachers, please maintain some distance from the field of play and follow the recommendations of the PHO.

Updates on KMBA's Return to Play Information can be found here.

June 4, 2021

On June 4th, Baseball BC permitted games within local associations. House league play for our divisions will now begin.

Updates on KMBA's Return to Play Information can be found here.

March 11, 2021

On March 4th, Baseball BC released their updated Return to Play Guidelines for the 2021 season. Baseball is currently in Phase 2 - Stage 1. These updates can be found here on KMBA's Return to Play Programs

Updates on KMBA's Return to Play Information can be found here.

January 17, 2021

Current restrictions allow KMBA to run Winterball programming, registration is open. Spring registration set to open January 18. We do not know what the restrictions will be come spring. There is no guarantee teams will play games.

Updates on KMBA's return to play can be found here.

December 3, 2020

Youth sports have gone back to Phase 2. Baseball BC released an statement today that we are in Phase 2 - July 10th along with the additional restrictions.

Registration for 2021 winter & spring baseball is on hold until we see restrictions start to be lifted.

Updates on KMBA's return to play can be found here.

June 21, 2020

KMBA will be working on a return to baseball activies that is consistant with the Provincial Guidelines. There are several policies and protocols we must create before activities can begin. When we do begin, it will be in a safe, slow, and measured fashion.

Updates on KMBA's return to play can be found here.

June 8, 2020

Today, Baseball BC released the Return to Play Guidelines for baseball and lifted the suspension of baseball activities.

The Guidelines incorporate the sport sector restrictions imposed by viaSport and will require KMBA to complete several administrative risk management steps before being able to hit the fields.

Given the requirements to develop our COVID-19 Safety Plan, among many other new policies and protocols prior to re-starting, our Board of Directors want to move forward in a measured way. We will take the time to review the Guidelines and determine if, and when, we have the capacity to re-start.

Like other sports who are restarting, baseball guidelines only permit practices and training in small groups where a physical distance of 2m can be maintained.

Risk management and insurance remain a concern for KMBA. While KMBA can use all the Guidelines and recommendations from the various health authorities and WorkSafeBC to manage the risk, our Association, players, and volunteers are still not insured when it comes to this pandemic.

We want to do this right. We want to make sure everyone stays safe.

One of our first steps will be to reach out to our families with a questionnaire to determine how and when they want to return to baseball. We want to understand their concerns about returning, if they have any.

Chris Balison, President
Kamloops Minor Baseball

May 7, 2020

What seems like months ago, KMBA took the proactive step to cancel the 2020 spring season of baseball. Looking back now, while it was a difficult decision to make at the time, it was the correct decision.

We are now to a point where the government is contemplating how youth sports might return this summer. This is exciting news, but like others aspects of our community, we can't expect a return to "normal" anytime soon.

There is a lot of "red-tape" involved before baseball can start again. Right now, viaSport is meeting with the various provincial sports bodies to finalize a set of guidelines for youth sports. Once those are released, the provincial bodies (Baseball BC) must come up with sport specific protocols that viaSport will review, then present to the Ministry of Health for final approval. No timelines have been released for the approval process.

As in other parts of society, we expect returning to baseball will be a phased approach where with limitations in groups sizes and some type of physical distancing requirements. We also expect the first phase to have significant safety protocols (wellness screening, using personal protective equipment, and cleaning requirements) within a practice-only environment. But these are only our best guesses, based on what is happening in other sectors of our community.

While we all want to get back to baseball, the timing and process will be entirely dependant on when we receive a green light from the Ministry of Heath and Baseball BC, along with our ability to thoroughly and safely implement whatever is necessary and required.

In the meantime, I came across this article that I wanted to share: What Will You Be Proud of When We Return to Sports? offers some thoughts from the perspective of a coach, a parent, and a player.

Chris Balison, President
Kamloops Minor Baseball

March 25 - Spring Registration Fee Options

Your Kamloops Minor Baseball volunteer Board have worked through the logistics so we can offer a full refund for your spring season fees. There is no easy way to process all the transactions. Refunds require a manual entry, transaction by transaction. However, KMBA is prepared to offer families 2 options when it comes to their 2020 registration.

Option 1: Request a full refund of fees paid online
(Requires Action, click link below)

Option 2: Receive credit for registration in the 2021 Spring Season
(Automatic if you don't choose Option 1)

To request your refund, CLICK HERE, and fill out the form, BEFORE April 10, 2020 at 11:59pm.

Everyone who does not request a refund will be given credit for registration in the 2021 season.

KMBA will work to process all refunds between April 11-30. At that time, families who did not request a refund will receive information about their credit for the 2021 season.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Stay safe, stay well,

Chris Balison, President
Kamloops Minor Baseball

March 17, 2020 - KMBA Spring Baseball Season Cancelled

Dear KMBA Baseball Families,

With the most recent announcements from public heath officials, BC Minor Baseball, and Baseball BC, Kamloops Minor Baseball is cancelling the Spring baseball season.

The public health crisis we all face is bigger than our spring season of baseball. This decision was difficult for the Board of Directors, but done to protect the safety of our baseball families and contribute to the global effort to curb the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

We hold out hope that in the coming months this crisis will decline, and it will be safe to offer our programming again. Our dedicated group of volunteers will soon turn their minds to what baseball activities might look like in the Summer or Fall.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Chris Balison, President
Kamloops Minor Baseball

March 13, 2020 - Suspension of Baseball Activities

Kamloops Minor Baseball is suspending our baseball activities.

Today Baseball BC suspended all baseball activities for 7 days given the heightened concerns over the potential spread of COVID-19. Baseball BC will be re-evaluating next week and issue further direction at that time. BC Minor Baseball and Baseball Canada have released similar advisories.

The health and safety of all the KMBA participants and families is of the utmost importance and is central to any decisions KMBA is making in this regard. The response to this pandemic is changing daily. We will continue to follow the guidelines set forth by our governing bodies, the public health authorities, and government.

We are still several weeks away from opening day and hope that the swift actions being taken now across the country, will allow us to get back to normalcy much quicker.

KMBA will provide an update to our families next week, or as soon as any significant decision is made.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work through this unprecedented event.

Chris Balison, President
Kamloops Minor Baseball